Summer has arrived and parasites are everywhere, particularly Tick, Heartworm and Flea. Being bitten by a tick could result in fever, vomiting, lethargy, convulsions etc. Heartworms are transmitted by mosquitoes and develop into adults in the heart and lungs of dogs, which have the potential to cause heart failure. Fleas have the opportunity to cause redness and itching on dogs. No matter what kind of parasite, it is annoying, and there are different kinds of insect-proof products such as insect-proof medicines, neckbands and drops. Yet, improper using of these products may lead to poisoning in dogs.
Tips for purchasing pet pesticides:
- Pay attention to product ingredients
Some insecticidal products contain neurotoxic components such as organophosphorus, carbamate and other chemicals, and even carcinogens.
- Do not use more than one item to prevent fleas and calves at the same time
Excessive use can poison dogs and even be fatal.
- Consider the safety of the insect-proof neckbands
Traditional insect-proof neckbands contain Amitraz, which can cause poisoning if swallowed by dogs.
- “Natural ingredients ” can also cause poisoning
Some of the natural deworming oils are harmless to us, but they are toxic to cats and dogs. For example, the peppermint oil has the opportunity to contain a lot of ingredients that are toxic to the liver.
Excessive toxins not only increase the burden on the liver, but also have the potential to cause skin problems, indigestion, and deterioration of liver and gallbladder function. Pet owner could consider to strengthen the detoxification function of the dog’s liver to soothe the accumulated toxins.