2 millenniums ago, Romans have begun taking Artichoke as a source of food. Artichoke has high medicinal value of enhancing liver and kidney functions, lowering cholesterol level and promoting digestion.
Artichoke has a sweet flavor and moist in nature with flowering sweet scent. Artichoke can promote bile secretion to decompose fats and stabilize cholesterol level to enhance digestive function. Artichoke is diuretic and is an anti-oxidant, protecting liver from the harm of free radicals.
Artichoke is rich in vitamin A, B, C, Calcium, Phosphorous, Iron, Potassium, etc. It contains cynarin which is effective in invigorating liver, promoting liver detoxification, regeneration of liver cells, bile secretion and digestion of fats.
Artichoke is effective in lowering blood cholesterol level and uric acid. It can protect and nourish liver, promote bile secretion, improve gastrointestinal function, alleviate constipation, diarrhea, nausea and vomiting.
- Improve gastrointestinal functions such as gastroenteritis, indigestion and constipation.
- Promote the absorption of calcium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and vitamin A, D, E, K, effectively preventing osteoporosis and enhancing immunity.
- Promote diuresis and laxation through soothing liver and nourishing gall bladder, remove toxins from liver and kidneys to nourish skin and kidneys, protect liver, maintain a healthy and energetic body and prevent diseases.
- Effective in preventing cholecystitis, nephritis, kidney stones, gallstones and fatty liver diseases.
- Lower cholesterol level, prevent diabetes, kidney diseases and uremia and stabilizes blood pressure.